Sunday, November 22, 2009

AACT Management Conference

I'm currently in Madison, Wisconsin attending the AACT Management Director's Conference. This event happens every two years, and always take place the Sunday through Tuesday before Thanksgiving. However, I missed the conference in 2005 and 2007 since the holiday production opened on the Friday after Thanksgiving, and therefore this was tech weekend for the show (which I always direct). However, since we moved to opening this show the Friday before Thanksgiving, I can now attend. A CHRISTMAS CAROL opened on Friday night, and I was on the airplane at 7 a.m. on Saturday morning. The sessions take place on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday morning, and I will be back in Midland on Tuesday night.

I will share my thoughts on the conference when I get the chance. Right now, we just finished the introductions, and are moving into "marketing" for the morning and afternoon...

No comments: