Tuesday, March 17, 2009

AACT Festival

This past weekend, I was one of three adjudicators for the Region I festival for the 2009 AACT Festival competition. This event took place in the greater Boston area, and I flew in on Friday, worked Saturday and Sunday, and flew back all day on Monday - thus, no report (from me) on this past weekend's Les Miserables or the opening weekend of Moonlight and Magnolias performances.

There were six productions in this region, including several original or new shows. I saw one hour versions of Vital Signs, Dinner with Friends, World's Afire, Morning's at Seven, How I Learned to Drive and The Mistress Cycle. The Region I volunteers and organizers should be very proud of their hard work and dedication, as the festival was well run and the volunteers worked hard to make this a great weekend of theatre. In addition, the cast and crews of these production were extremely talented and hard working. In the end, the production of How I Learned to Drive by the Arlington Friends of the Drama (MA) advanced to the national competition, which will take place in Tacoma, Washington in late June. Many thanks to the organizers for inviting me to be a part of this wonderful weekend of theatre.

No comments: